• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Canadian Carriers - Bell or Telus - CDMA?

Vakman

Hello, I was wondering if the Droid Incredible would work in Canada on Bell or Telus, I know it won't work on Rogers as they do not have a CDMA network and it is GSM only. But Bell and Telus have a CDMA network running alongside their GSM network and they use the same bands as Version for this? Source was Yahoo Answers I got from a search on Google, so not sure it 800/1900 is the bands they use. Anyway, could use some help having this explained to me and answered.
Also, what bands are used by what carriers and such (Verzion, AT&T, Bell, Rogers, Telus etc)
I am under the impression that if it works on AT&T then it will work on Rogers, Bell and Telus. If it works on Verizon, it will work on Bell and Telus? What if it works on T-Mobile USA, it works on nothing then? This question got off the original question but help having this explained would be nice, thanks :)

I just returned from business trip to Montreal and Quebec, the roaming works just fine as long as you dont change EVRC settings...

So in theory I would be fine.
Hm, also then, the Nexus One, if it says WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 850/900/1800/1900 is this the AT&T version, I am buying off of Ebay and it does not say AT&T or T-Mobile. Thanks. Maybge I will post a thread for that.

just to clarify, the users above are saying that the phone roams on the Canadian networks while using a US Verizon account. This doesn't mean that Bell and Telus will activate the phone on their network. You can try asking them tho.

So in theory I would be fine.
Hm, also then, the Nexus One, if it says WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 850/900/1800/1900 is this the AT&T version, I am buying off of Ebay and it does not say AT&T or T-Mobile. Thanks. Maybge I will post a thread for that.

It should work with Att or Rogers in Canada

just to clarify, the users above are saying that the phone roams on the Canadian networks while using a US Verizon account. This doesn't mean that Bell and Telus will activate the phone on their network. You can try asking them tho.

Yea I doubt they activate a Verizon phone on thier network

Yeah, I know. But I wasn't sure if they were saying it would work because they can roam here or just saying that they can roam here.

Yea I doubt they activate a Verizon phone on thier network
Very true. I will probably just end up with a Nexus One, nothing wrong with it either way.

Back
Top Bottom