• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cancelling?

wolvicorn

Lurker
Hi there -- I was thinking about canceling my Rogers contract. I have a Magic+. Has anyone done this? Do you know how much it costs to break the contract? If you break the contract, do you also have to pay for the phone, or is that included in the ETF? Any other fees, etc?

Basically, I want to calculate how much the ETF and fees are, how much I might reasonably be able to sell the magic for, and see how much money this might save me over time.

Thoughts?

PS I've been lurking on this forum for quite some time, and have been super-impressed (and thankful) for the work some of you have done for Rogers users!

Just put an add on Kijji for the Magic for free if someone takes over your contact... then your out of your contract very simple.

Hi there -- I was thinking about canceling my Rogers contract. I have a Magic+. Has anyone done this? Do you know how much it costs to break the contract? If you break the contract, do you also have to pay for the phone, or is that included in the ETF? Any other fees, etc?

Basically, I want to calculate how much the ETF and fees are, how much I might reasonably be able to sell the magic for, and see how much money this might save me over time.

Thoughts?

PS I've been lurking on this forum for quite some time, and have been super-impressed (and thankful) for the work some of you have done for Rogers users!

There are 2 Early Cancellation Fee on smartphones.. Voice & Data. The phone stays yours
and is not charged.

Voice ECF (If contract is prior to feb 1st 2007 then max is 200$)
-100$ or 20$/per remaining months on contract to a MAX 400$

Data ECF
-25$ or 5$/per remaining months on contract to a MAX 100$

First amount applies if you have 5 months or less to do.

You can also transfer your contract to another person. The new contract owner must own a credit card for the 50$ security deposit needed for the exchange. Cash payment are not allowed.

Total Price Tag
- 5 months : 125$
6 months : 150$
12 months : 300$
20 months or more: 500$

Back
Top Bottom