• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot send SMS from within China...Why ?

LateNiteMike

My SGS is the International version and was purchased in Thailand. (GTI9000)
I just relocated to mainland China from Thailand. I signed up for Internet and SMS service only to Thailand with China Mobile.
It took me days and several trips back to the China Mobile office and then a final trip to the Samsung service center to FINALLY get my Internet up and going.:cool:
I am STILL trying to get my SMS working. I can get both SMS messages and calls from my friend in Thailand...but she is still not getting my SMS messages in return. No one here can confirm the proper format for the number sequence I need to use. Country code for Thailand is (66).
Let's say the full number in Thailand that I want to send an SMS to is 088-XXX-XXXX. Some people have told me to just use the same number, some have told me to use 006688XXX-XXXX, some have told me to use +6688XXX-XXXX. None seem to work ! I'm so confused ! :confused::confused::confused:
I've gone back several times to the China Mobile center and they can't seem to solve the issue. They sent me back to the Samsung center. So, I went there again today and they told me that the settings on my phone are correct and that I should be able to do SMS. So, I don't know who or what to believe. :(
Can ANYONE out there provide any feedback on why this still remains a problem? What is the CORRECT format for sending an SMS from mainland China to Thailand? What am I doing wrong? Is it even POSSIBLE to send an SMS message from mainland China to Thailand? :confused:
I mean,....China Mobile sold me the service, they tell me that I can use it, but my SMS messages are NOT going through. :mad:
My friend here has even suggested that I cannot send out international sms messages...even though China Mobile sold me a package and says that I can.
You see my phone is the original SGS with the Google logo on the back. The same model here is called the Samsung Anycall GTI9008 and it has the China Mobile name on the back.....and my friend says that there may be some differences in the phone since China and Google haven't been getting on well recently.
In fact I noticed that this past week that Google out of Hong Kong is NO LONGER available here in mainland China. So, my problem could be...Phone Version,...Censoring,....or simply using the wrong prefix on the number I'm trying to SMS to. Geeeeezzzzzz....what a pain....just to be able to SMS to Thailand from mainland China !
I'm running out of ideas...and could really use some informative feedback.

Thx to anyone willing to help. :D

Only thing I could find about it:

Send SMS To Thailand : Type your messages and then send to 00668X-XXX-XXXX or send to +668X-XXX-XXXX

Are you getting any kind of an error, or does it appear to be going through on your end and she's just not receiving? I've heard the mobile service in Thailand can be kinda unstable sometimes, so maybe the problem's on her end?

Only thing I could find about it:

Send SMS To Thailand : Type your messages and then send to 00668X-XXX-XXXX or send to +668X-XXX-XXXX

Are you getting any kind of an error, or does it appear to be going through on your end and she's just not receiving? I've heard the mobile service in Thailand can be kinda unstable sometimes, so maybe the problem's on her end?

Thanks !
No error messages...just sending them out but she wasn't getting them. I did try the 006688 routine and had to enter the entire 13 digit number digit by digit and that seems to work when I create a new message....but for some reason I cannot simply send a reply from 'Messaging' when I get a message from her. When I try to reply to her message the number defaults to a 10 digit number...and doesn't seem to get through.
I haven't tried the +668 routine as yet but will give it a try also.

I can do sms normally within China but somethings not jiving when sending to Thailand. Yes, it's possible the glitch could be on the receiving system.
The whole process still seems a bit spotty...and I'm still trying to find a method that works consistently. I may just have to settle on using the 'New message' routine. :(

Thanks again for the research and info...and I'll be sending you an official 'Thanks' also.:)

Back
Top Bottom