• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't answer the phone!!??

John I

Jul 28, 2010
Twice recently my Atrix was ringing and I could not swipe the answer button. I stood there like a dork swiping it time and time again until it went to voice mail. Both times the phone was sitting idle. Not playing any games or installing updates, etc. Anyone else have this problem or know a solution. Talk about frustrating...this reminds me of something that might have happened when I had a Captivate (and that is not a compliment).

John

Reactions: DieselRules
Twice recently my Atrix was ringing and I could not swipe the answer button. I stood there like a dork swiping it time and time again until it went to voice mail. Both times the phone was sitting idle. Not playing any games or installing updates, etc. Anyone else have this problem or know a solution. Talk about frustrating...this reminds me of something that might have happened when I had a Captivate (and that is not a compliment).

John

I just got my Atrix yesterday and my first call came in while driving home from the ATT store. I swiped several times before the call went to VM. I thought it was because the phone was new and I just didn't know the proper technique for answering calls when the phone is in sleep mode.

Upvote 0
Try turning the screen off then back on while it's ringing.

Thanks. I'll try that. Seems like this has only happened since the latest software push. Who knows.

I also have another bug that just came up. Every night I put the phone in the cradle to charge and act as my alarm clock. When I pull it off the cradle for some reason I can't go into my game folder that is on my home screen. I click on the folder and nothing happens. If I power off and on again I can get right into the folder...until it goes into the cradle again. Happens every time since the new software load.

John

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones