• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant connect Lg phone to laptop

Okay so I have read so many posts and forums on my issue, and tried to delete, Reinstall, uninstall, reboot, install google mtp drivers, and used camera, and pc software mode. Still nothing has worked.

My issue: I had windows 7 on my acer laptop, and I was able to successfully connect my lg optimus pro g phone to the laptop without a problem. I upgraded to windows 10 and was still able to connect, then I downgraded and reset my computer back to windows 7 (debugg mode). Now my laptop wont connect my phone. It installs the adb file successfully, says my MTP driver is up to date yet it fails to install it and wont work. The error code is 31. Whenever I got my windows 7 back up and running, I had to go into the "my computer file" then click on where it said user (there was 4 of them) and reLocate my personal files. I have also connected my phone to a PUBLIC computer and it workes, so Its my computer, not my phone that is causing the issue.

Anyone know why my phone isnt wanting to connect successfully?

Last edited:
Back