• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't connect to WiFi anymore

I'm not sure what happened, but now my Moto G refuses to connect to Wifi. I've tried insecure, WEP, and WPA. Sometimes they won't show up at all (it will stick on "Searching"), sometimes it will go through the connection steps and just cancel out (all connection status messages in settings are gone) and sometimes it will show a status of "Disabled" even though I didn't disable it. I've disabled the avoid poor connections box, and done multiple reboots. This just started last night and continues this morning. It used to work fine! All of my other devices are running perfectly, what's the problem?

I tried that, no change. But I found out something about it:

I can connect to WiFi once. Then, after I go out of the WiFi range and come back, it won't connect. From there, I would have to turn data off and let it connect to WiFi before I could turn data back on again. Then the cycle repeats when I leave.

This feels silly to have to do this. Am I the only one who has this happen?

The APN setting shouldn't affect WiFi.

Is it only your home WiFi or is it any WiFi connection?

Have you done any system updates lately? They sometimes can cause WiFi confusion. Short of a factory reset, you can try clearing out your caches and forgetting the network and reconnecting.

I have a friend with a G and believe me, if he was having this issue I would have heard about it, since I was the one who recommended he get it. :o

If you didn't install any network control apps or go and change any of the advanced settings from default, you might have a bad WiFi radio.

Back
Top Bottom