• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't decide on buying the droid turbo or not

mach1man

Android Expert
Feb 22, 2010
woods of VA
Ok so I'm looking at buying the droid turbo out right no contract.. I'm just a little hesitant on pulling the trigger. My biggest concern is camera and the quality of pictures..

I have the note 4 now, its a little to large for me. I also bought the moto 360 watch (love it) and I was thinking about having a moto phone as well but just a little worried... Can you all help me out

I love my turbo, and I just ordered the 360. I think the camera is very good, but I'm just a grandma taking photos of my grandchildren. I'm no photographer. Love the performance, battery life. I've never had any other smart phone that Motorola. Started with the droid Razr, then droid Maxx, now Turbo.

Upvote 0
This is from my Google Now page today. That first picture sums up the joy of owning a Turbo. ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-08-13-37-32.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-08-13-37-32.png
    585 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0
Bumping this thread-

I got an e-mail offer to "Edge up" to the Turbo, wondering if I should go for it. Phone would be for my wife, who is using a Moto X 2013 right now. I think she likes her X for most things except for the camera and battery life. However, she has also often said she want to get a Note3 (which I have). So-

How is the battery life? How is the camera? How will it compare to my GN4?

Thanks, y'all,
Jerry

Upvote 0
I measured the battery twice ... light use ... three days each time ... heavy use two times solving jigsaw puzzles ... 7 hours each time.

The camera outdoors still is great ... I have some images used in posters. Indoors and low light it is iffy.

It is the best pone I have ever owned or used (64GB). Some people think it is too big.

I suggest that she go to a Verizon store and handle the phones she is considering and see what "feels right" to her. It can quite likely be different from what you or I would choose.

... Thom

Reactions: Jerry-rigged
Upvote 0
I measured the battery twice ... light use ... three days each time ... heavy use two times solving jigsaw puzzles ... 7 hours each time.

The camera outdoors still is great ... I have some images used in posters. Indoors and low light it is iffy.

It is the best pone I have ever owned or used (64GB). Some people think it is too big.

I suggest that she go to a Verizon store and handle the phones she is considering and see what "feels right" to her. It can quite likely be different from what you or I would choose.

... Thom

She has handled both phones, and I think she liked both phones. Your battery life seems great, better event then my Note. Thanks for your input!

One more question - seeing as teh Turbo is a "Verizon Special" How is the selection of aftermarket stuff, like cases?

Upvote 0
She has handled both phones, and I think she liked both phones. Your battery life seems great, better event then my Note. Thanks for your input!

One more question - seeing as teh Turbo is a "Verizon Special" How is the selection of aftermarket stuff, like cases?
I've had my Turbo for almost 2 weeks and have only charged it probably 4 times, getting 40 - 60 hours out of each charge with lite use. This week I'll be using it different to see what I get from a charge. So far happy with the phone coming from a Motorola Droid Razr hd and that was great for the 2 years I had it but it was starting to act weird with the battery and turning off and on at will.

Upvote 0
Three months ago the answer would be easy; buy the Turbo. The device has a fast processor and is virtually lag-free. Today, I'd wait for the Galaxy S6. You can always use Nova Launcher if you don't like Touchwiz. The battery life on the Turbo is outstanding but the camera is marginal. It can take great scenery shots but has focus problems with any type of movement. I'm also disappointed in the long delay in releasing Lollipop.

Reactions: whitehat
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones