• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't flash TWRP to Samsung Galaxy S5

Hello, I have tried flashing TWRP to my S5 using Odin. But every time I try it doesn't flash and just goes back to normal Samsung recovery. I am trying to do this in order to flash CM14.1. This is genuenlly annoying me now as I have spend hours on this. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Hello, I have tried flashing TWRP to my S5 using Odin. But every time I try it doesn't flash and just goes back to normal Samsung recovery. I am trying to do this in order to flash CM14.1. This is genuenlly annoying me now as I have spend hours on this. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Jordan Maloney!

Which of the 42 models of Galaxy S5 do you have?​

To prevent the stock recovery from overwriting TWRP on reboot after Odin flash, uncheck Auto Reboot in Odin. After you successfully flash TWRP and get a Pass, unplug from PC, remove battery. Replace battery and use the button combo to boot into TWRP.
Once you flash the SuperSU update zip with TWRP, the custom recovery will stick and not be overwritten.

Back
Top Bottom