• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't fully push in earphone plug since a few months ago

androidtvfan

Since some months ago for no explicable reason I can not physically push my earphones in all the way. Samsung say they can't repair this for free so I will live with it but just wondered if anyone else has had this problem ?

I've never heard of that.

Is it possible that you have a phone case interfering with the headphone jack?

Last edited:
Have you checked for anything stuck in the jack? Pocket lint can easily get packed in there, not to mention crumbs or paper.

From your description it does sound like there's something jammed inside the headphone port. Because the opening is so small it's a) not easy to see just what the problem is and b) even harder to get it out even if you can see it.
There's a nice tear-down on the iFixit site that shows the headphone jack is a modular one that's relatively easy to replace, the key word being 'relative' as it still requires tearing down a lot of the phone to get to it (see step 11):
https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Samsung+Galaxy+S9++Teardown/104308
If you don't want to pay to have this done there's still the option of using Bluetooth earbuds. I'm still a plug fan but Bluetooth stuff is getting better and better all the time.

Oh yes got various Bluetooth headphones etc but also some good quality Sony lead ones I wanted to use, I've seen the fixit clip recently no way am I doing that but thanks for the info

Can't visably see any obstruction so it's a weird one I must say

Back
Top Bottom