• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't login to Twitter app

TMack

Anyone else get and error message when trying to login using the Twitter app? I'm on Droid X running OTA froyo and can log into Twitter fine using my browser or the Launcher Pro widget. But the damn Twitter app gives me this error message everytime: "An error occurred when signing in. Please try again later."

Any thoughts on this?

Anyone else get and error message when trying to login using the Twitter app? I'm on Droid X running OTA froyo and can log into Twitter fine using my browser or the Launcher Pro widget. But the damn Twitter app gives me this error message everytime: "An error occurred when signing in. Please try again later."

Any thoughts on this?

FWIW, this has miraculously healed itself. :confused:

I have the same problem. I first had the problem with all the apps, and a forum post recommended me to reset back to factory settings, then start again and connect to a google account right away (not skip this at first) and this helped me further. But still I can't access Twitter from Timescape nor from the Android Twitter app.

For Linkedin app the same problem occurs.

Did you find a solution so far?

Regards,

Ron Hessing
Free Antivirus

Any thoughts on this?
Had similar problem here, exactly same error message. What did you do to resolve this?

Hello everyone.
I am having the same problem for months. I cant login to Android Twitter app. I have uninstalled and installed the app hundreds of time. I have added it into accounts and synchronized to my twitter account.
Nothing has worked.
Please help.
But I dont want to go back to factory settings. This must the very last option.
Thanks in advance

Mine was working alright previously but now I'm having the same problem with the error message when signing in. It started just recently after I updated the app. What gives? I'm not keen to reset the phone...

I have tried uninstalled & re-installed but the problem still persist... :(

I have uninstalled and reinstalled it so many times. It doesnt work.
There must be some other way.

I think the problem is the same. Before some months ago I used to login without problem, but after I updated the app, it started to give error messages.

I found the Twitter app was bloody useless and downloaded Seesmic for Android instead and it's a thing of beauty-try it. It's WAY better.

Cheers, Lynda~
:D

I know this is old but thank you for the time tip. I've had this problem for a few days and although my phone was set to automatically get time from carrier it still thought it was in another time zone.
Set to manual, choose correct time zone, reset time, bingo - twitter apps working again

Any thoughts on this?

SIMPLE FIX - Login with your email instead of your username:):):)

Thanks. I think this post was started years ago. Just happened to me today, used my email to log in and voila, it worked perfect.

Ive been having the same problem for about an hour now. Its annoying mainly because i was in the middle of typin out a tweet calling Badoo out on its crap when suddenly i just randomly get kicked out the app.

Back
Top Bottom