• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't restore from backup after wipe/data clean to install rom

MustangLife

I'm on deodexed kitkat debloated and rooted since day 1 when it came out. My incall ui suddenly gets a forced closed so I decided to delete data/factory reset clean to install new room in Philz and when i click the saved backup in sdcard1 like usual the screen says checking md5 sum and says md5 mismatch. Than when I try to reboot it says root not installed would you like to install root. Than it just loads to a backlighted black screen.

I have all the files saved on the computer for the root, deodexed rom, etc. on my pc. Can I move those to the sdcard somehow if my phone will only boot to philz recovery.

Really need help guys. I'm at a loss and dont understand how this happened. I've installed from backup numerous times.

Thanks
Josh

In Philz under the mount and storage section you should be able to mount the SD card to USB, allowing you to transfer files over to your device

What caused this issue. Why would md5 sum get mismatched. I keep a perfect working backup on my external sd card always and never had an issue but this one time

Bad backup, corrupted data, SD card going bad, gremlins in your phone? Who knows. I know when my SD card was going bad I would have failed transfers from internal storage to external.

Back
Top Bottom