• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't send e-mail when wifi is on

This just started two days ago. I can receive e-mail when wi-fi is on but can't send e-mail. With wi-fi off, I can send and receive with no problem. I have never had any problems before and haven't changed any settings. I have tried doing a battery pull. Any thoughts?

yeah, that is new. Are you on a stock or custom rom?

I am running stock. I have tried other wi-fi's besides mine at home and it does the same thing. I also have a g-mail and yahoo mail accounts and I cant send an e-mail on either one of these with the wi-fi on. As soon as I turn the wi-fi off, the mail is sent. I have not changed any settings. I have had this phone since October 4th of last year and never had any problems with it before. It is just a pain to send an e-mail and then get the authentation error and have to turn off the wi-fi so it can send.

i'm stumped on this one. The only thing I can suggest is to backup and do a factory reset. Maybe that might clear out something somewhere that could be preventing it from working right.

Back