• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't SIM unlock

Kevster

Hi guys, got a Xperia xz1 g8341 on US Verizon network I've tried to get it sim unlocked by two reputable unlocking sites but they can't unlock it because the imie although valid has no data?? But one site did mention the only way to get it unlocked is by using a local phone repair shop to do it as they use a certain cable to Overwrite the Firmware, does anyone know what this cable is, cheers guys.

My guess would be some sort of jtag adapter. But you'll need to know which is the right one for your phone and how to use it, so the question would be how much of your time is it worth to identify the equipment and learn how to use it in order to save the price of having someone do it for you (assuming this is something you only need to do once, and assuming you can find someone with the kit and knowledge to do it)?

If you are the original VZW customer who bought it from them the simplest solution would probably be to get the code from them. Of course if it's a second-hand phone that probably doesn't work.

Anyway, regarding your problem, have you tried contacting Verizon to see if they can help you with the unlock code? Sometimes, they can provide you with the code for free, especially if your phone is fully paid off. Speaking of fix invalid SIM card, I had a similar problem with my iPhone before. It kept showing "SIM Not Valid" error, and I couldn't make calls or use the internet. It was super frustrating! But thankfully, I found some ways to fix it. One is by checking if the SIM card is properly inserted and clean. Sometimes, dust or dirt can affect the connection. Another way is by resetting the network settings or updating the iOS version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried a SIM card to make sure it's locked? We had a post here the other day about a locked Verizon phone, but there were certain prior to dates that they were unlocked.

Back
Top Bottom