• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't upload photos

The_Chief

Accept no imitations!
I was in a thread and wanted to add a photo to the post. Easy, right? Except I got the warning "the uploaded file is too large for the server to process."

I reduced the photo size to VGA, HVGA, all the way down to crap QVGA and the file size was still too large! What gives?

As you know, I'm notorious for posting pics on AF. I haven't had any problem with what I've grabbed from the net to share. My personal pics I resize to medium before I email them to myself. (phone to pc) I crop them once I have them on the PC and resize them keeping the largest width/height variable at 1000 pixels. The posted pics aren't of high res but at least the forum will accept them.
Example:

resized knife.jpg

This seems to be an issue with my phone, as I just tried to attach a photo at the desktop and it uploaded with no problem. It's hard to believe, though, that my 100 MBPS Wi-Fi network is that congested here at the house. Weird... I'll try to attach a photo when I'm out in town, on cellular data, and see how that works.

I'll have to try setting my mobile browser to desktop site and see if that resolves it. You'd think as long as XenForo has been around, they would have fixed a rookie thing like this a long time ago...

I'm surprised that it is that difficult to upload a pic from Android to XenForo. I have zero problems using a desktop PC. I do limit the file size, but I did with past forum software as well. It should not be that difficult. Sharing pics to enhance a post is not only fun but often very useful. I'm guessing that I'm far in the minority using a PC to access AF.

So when I try from a browser on android, anything bigger than a Gig, I get the error - file too big for the server....

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1686400844317.jpg
    FB_IMG_1686400844317.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom