• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't view birthdays.

Mutant04

Hi All,

I have a few Google contacts set up in my Transformer which include the birthday of the person.

However on the calender (and on Pure calender widget), it does not show any birthdays for these contacts.

I also have a Galaxy S2, and the birthdays show up fine on this (even on Pure Calender widget, which I have the same settings on both S2 and my transformer).

Could anyone help and advise how I get birthdays to show up in my calender app on my Transformer.

Any help would be most welcome.

Not sure about Pure Calendar Widget, but in the calendar:

Open Calendar / press the Menu icon in the upper right hand corner / press Settings / press the email account where your contacts are / make sure there is a checkmark next to the gmail account on the right hand side

After syncing is checked, PCW should work too.

Thanks for your quick reply. I have already done this with my google account. The calender works fine and any appointments, meetings etc, show up fine in my calendar (and in Pure Calendar Widget), however for some reason birthdays are not shown?

I was wondering at first if it was the calender app on the Transformer, however after I put on Pure Calender Widget, this also doesn't show birthdays, although I have exactly the same settings as I have on my Galaxy S2.

Do you think that as the transformer is not phone enabled (ie no 3G etc) that it doesn't read the contacts? Strange as my google account syncs fine???

Do you think that as the transformer is not phone enabled (ie no 3G etc) that it doesn't read the contacts? Strange as my google account syncs fine???

I used the same GMail account on my TF as I have on my phone. All the contacts I have birthdays listed on my GMail contacts show up on my TF calendar and on the Android Agenda Widget I use. AAW even puts how old the person will be in parenthesis next to their name.

I do know on AAW I had to go into settings and check a box for "Show contact birthdays". You might check the settings for Pure Calendar Widget for a similar function.

I too use the same Gmail for my TF as my phone, but still can't see any birthdays in my TF calender. I have downloaded the Android Agenda Widget that you say you use, and this works fine, however as you say you have to tick a seperate calender for birthdays.
I have also gone on to Google and viewed calendar and this is the same that you have to tick an other calendar for Birthdays.
Maybe this is the reason I can't see them in my TF calendar (although for some reason you can, maybe different firmware version).

I know there is no option to select multiple calendars on my Pure Calendar Widget, although find it purplexing how I have the same settings on Pure Calendar Widget for my TF as my phone and yet the phone shows birthdays fine???
I might have bin using Pure Calendar Widget (I do like it though), and use AAW that you use.

Update...I have now got this working. I don't really know how, it might have been a simple thing as a refresh. On the TF calendar it only showed my Gmail account which was syncing fine. However after going on to Google on my Desktop PC and looking at the calendar I found that there was other calendars, (Birthdays and Holidays).

Now on my TF I have the option of ticking these extra calendars, (I which I couldn't do before), and my Birthdays now show up fine, and also in Pure Calendar Widget.

I'm now a happy little mutant.

I would like thank Doit2it for their posts and help, while I was trying to sort this out, respect to you.

Back
Top Bottom