• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cast button greyed out

Chris34731

Lurker
Hi guys

I have two smart TVs one Panasonic UHD and LG Full HD both support casting from a mobile device. Tonight I downloaded itv hub and tried to cast a show to my TV but for some reason in the app the cast button is darkened out and isn't clickable but works in YouTube

I thought this would of been the same for all apps which support casting

Thanks

Hi guys

I have two smart TVs one Panasonic UHD and LG Full HD both support casting from a mobile device. Tonight I downloaded itv hub and tried to cast a show to my TV but for some reason in the app the cast button is darkened out and isn't clickable but works in YouTube

I thought this would of been the same for all apps which support casting

Thanks

DRM possibly, and rights restrictions? Do you know if the mobile ITV Hub app is supposed to be able to cast to a TV? I know YouTube supports screen casting, what about something like the mobile BBC iPlayer? I would try them myself, but I'm not in the UK.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help purchased a Chromecast cast and all is working fine my Panasonic has all the apps I wanted to use but unfortunately iPlayer is only available on my LG TV so Chromecast has come in handy to use on the LG

Thanks again guys

Back
Top Bottom