• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Facebook Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

landonh12

Android Enthusiast
Aug 26, 2012
Gulfport, MS
EDIT: Okay I got it working, so just follow these steps and it will work on your device.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device. I recommend making a full device backup before changing any system values. I also recommend only doing this on an AOSP ROM. If it is safe to do otherwise, please advise me.

First, update your Facebook and Facebook Messenger apps.

Then, download the com.facebook.home-v1.apk from Here.

After that, we will have to do some build.prop editing. This will make facebook believe you have a Galaxy Note II. I recommend installing this build.prop editor to make things easier.

After ALL that, change these values in the build.prop editor (I recommend using the search function):
ro.product.model=GT-N7100
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=t03gxx
ro.product.device=t03g
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-samsung

Reboot and load Facebook home. Once you've got everything set up, restore your old build.prop, or your camera will be broken! :/

Good luck, hope it works for ya'll!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones