• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Need some help

BrianJB

Android Enthusiast
Ok so this morning I went to flash a new rom on my wifes evo 3d, but now I am stuck in a bootloop. Even with my nandroid backup.

So is there anything I can flash that will get the phone back up and running?

ADB won't even recognize that the phone is plugged in. It sees my evo 4g, and my rezound. But not the 3d.

Any ideas?, I just want to get the phone running again. I don't care if I lose my htc unlock. I am on hboot 1.5, and the phone hasn't had any firmware upgrades or anything since last November.

Help?...please,lol!

Also- With one rom I tried flashing I could get to the main screen with the phone dialer and everything, but it would go into a bootloop after about 5 secs.

Which Rom were you originally on, before you flashed a new Rom, and what new Rom did you try flashing ?

Zred GT or 2.1 ICS, my guess is you are not on the proper firmware, that is why I am asking. Most HBoot 1.5 don't seem to like ICS Roms

I was on miks rom from back in november. And I tried flashing drops Zr3d.

Zred GT or 2.1 ICS, my guess is you are not on the proper firmware, that is why I am asking. Most HBoot 1.5 don't seem to like ICS Roms

It was the ics rom.

What should I do next? I tried reflashing the old mik rom but that won't work either.

So you are able to get into recovery, I would try flashing Zred GT Rom to see, make sure you do a full wipe first. What recovery are you using also, if you are able to flash a Rom, I would look into checking your recover to 4EXT Recovery, much more user friendly for HBoot 1.5

It was the ics rom.

What should I do next? I tried reflashing the old mik rom but that won't work either.

So you are able to get into recovery, I would try flashing Zred GT Rom to see, make sure you do a full wipe first. What recovery are you using also, if you are able to flash a Rom, I would look into checking your recover to 4EXT Recovery, much more user friendly for HBoot 1.5

Is there a way I can flash 4ext? All I see is an .apk file on their site.

I can't get a rom to actually boot up, I can get to my recovery and everything but the rom won't boot after flashing. And I cannot get adb to recognize my device.

I don't believe so, 4EXT is APK only I believe, have you tried doing a full wipe, also what recovery are you using, also I have to leave in a bit as I have a family issue to deal with, but since it is quiet here, I would also post over at XDA in the Zred thread, I am sure someone there will also get you back up and running. You might have to flash back a stock Rom in bootloader

Is there a way I can flash 4ext? All I see is an .apk file on their site.

I can't get a rom to actually boot up, I can get to my recovery and everything but the rom won't boot after flashing. And I cannot get adb to recognize my device.

I don't believe so, 4EXT is APK only I believe, have you tried doing a full wipe, also what recovery are you using, also I have to leave in a bit as I have a family issue to deal with, but since it is quiet here, I would also post over at XDA in the Zred thread, I am sure someone there will also get you back up and running. You might have to flash back a stock Rom in bootloader

I am on twrp recovery. thank you for all of your help. I am d/l'n zred now, will post back my findings.

Thank you again.

UPDATE:

Thank you Don! the rom you recommended worked perfectly. Still have some odd issues with cmd. I can flash a boot.img, but my adb commands don't work at all, still says "device not found".

So I don't know whats up with that.

But the phone is back up and running. I got so used to flashing roms with ease on my rezound. I forgot how much of a hassle htc made things with the 3d.

Great to hear you got it back up and running, I would also look into changing your recovery to 4EXT, much better for HBoot 1.5, you will be amazed, it took me a while to switch as I was always a CWM person for years, but once I switched I was blown away.

UPDATE:

Thank you Don! the rom you recommended worked perfectly. Still have some odd issues with cmd. I can flash a boot.img, but my adb commands don't work at all, still says "device not found".

So I don't know whats up with that.

But the phone is back up and running. I got so used to flashing roms with ease on my rezound. I forgot how much of a hassle htc made things with the 3d.

Back