• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Something odd with TB and 3d gallery

BrianJB

Android Enthusiast
So last night I was at work, alot of my coworkers know I have the evo 3d, and they wanted to see some of the 3d pics I had so I get out my phone and to my surprise none of my pics are showing in 3d, instead they are in some sort of a weird double image thing, but not 3d..just looked blurry.

It would still take pics/vid in 3d, but playback/pic view would be messed up. So I flashed a different rom today..tested everything...it was fine. So then I restore my apps from TB (apps that were backed up from my stock rom) after doing so my pics/vids do the same thing.

Weird huh?

Sounds like some sort of setting was restored from TB that causes the phone not to kick over to 3D. I would recommend NOT restoring everything through TB and being a little more selective (such as not restoring Gallery).
I wish I could offer you a better solution, good luck.

I only restore user apps and data. I don't restore system settings or system apps. But a simple reboot would have probably fixed that issue. It happens on non-rooted Evo 3Ds, too.

Yeah, the weird thing is that I only restored user apps (with no data) and I had no different gallery/pic apps. The only apps were news apps and sports apps. So I just installed everything from the market...errrr...pardon me "play store" and it has been fine.

Back