• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Change in Net10 plan wording

guy48065

Looks like Net10 has tweaked their Plan wording a little since I joined.

Under Unlimited Monthly Plans what you get is listed as:
"No International Calls Auto-Refill Unlimited* Talk / Text
Picture Messaging
Web / Email
and call 411"

And under Family Plans it says:
"Unlimited* National Calls
Unlimited* Text
Unlimited* Data"

Are these in fact the same--is "Talk,Text, Picture Messaging, Web & Email" intentionally more restrictive than "data"? Can I download pictures, videos, apps and stream music without restriction with either Unlimited plan?

"Picture Messaging / Web / Email" means exactly that. (Text is voice, technically, but pictures sent by "text" are data.) It doesn't allow streaming, file downloading, speed measuring - even though they have always allowed that.

"Unlimited* Data" means any kind of data - streaming (unless prohibited elsewhere), file downloads, etc.

I'm pretty sure that the * in Unlimited* refers to "unlimited at full speed until you reach the cap, at which time dead snails will move faster than your data".

It may be that their marketing promises one thing but their TOS takes it away. I skimmed the many paragraphs looking to see if "Data" is limited to web browsing but I didn't find anything.
It may be in there somewhere but I didn't have a magnifier handy at the time :-/

What I DID notice was the descriptions for the "Unlimited Monthly" and "Family Plans" are the same in the TOS, with "Data" used instead of "Picture Messaging / Web / Email".

At stake for me is the ability to stream music on the road, and watch Youtube or instructional videos when away from wifi. I thought this was common and not restricted by anyone--up to your data cap, of course.

Back
Top Bottom