• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Change prl using CDMA WS free version

Sorry guys link fixed in OP. Yes I have noticed a difference in a few areas around me. I now get service where there was none before.

Edit: Improvement really depends on whether boost is using all of the Sprint towers in your area or not. For example in my area some of my friends have Sprint and they got service where I did not. Now after changing the PRL I get service where they do.

Upvote 0
Started a thread for a Win7 X64 bit DIAG Driver installer because the method in the link above would not work for me. This is actually a installer that does all the work for you. No need to manually install anything.

Hope this helps out.

Thanks Irishhobo. Once I got the drivers installed everything went smooth.

Here's where you can get the driver installer.

http://androidforums.com/htc-one-sv...ag-driver-installer-win7-x64.html#post5921077

Upvote 0
@irishobo

Prl updating without a pc.

NOTE: This will only work on sense roms with epst support.

1. Enter ##778# and choose edit. Enter MSL and choose prl.
2. Select update prl and select a prl from your sd card.
3. Select menu in the upper right corner and commit modifications.
4. Epst will reboot the device and the prl should be applied.
5. It is always a good idea to update your profile after a prl change.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0
@ModdingMyMind

Have successfully got that to work? When I wrote this guide, which was quite awhile ago, I was always unsuccessful in getting into epst. The dialer would always just freeze momentarily. I even went as far as to take the epst apk from the sprint HTC one and it didn't work. I will check it out again here shortly.

Upvote 0
@ModdingMyMind
Hmm...I will try again. I did that previously. I am pretty sure I wrote that when we were still on ics. Maybe it was jacked up then I'm not sure. Now if we could only get roaming to work in the phone apk. All the files look to be there just not activated. I had decompiled it and looked but didn't know how to edit the boost lines to mimic the sprint ones.

Upvote 0
Yea, I just confirmed it myself also. My apologies lol. My other phone was a HTC Evo Design 4g from boost mobile. My lady now has it. Anyways, I am able to do it on that device no problem. Figured the steps were no different on the HTC One SV. After reading your post I tried it. Looks like I am going to have to decompile the EPST app on the other device as well as this and see what gives on it.

Reactions: irishobo
Upvote 0
@ModdingMyMind

What did you change on RTSP/HTTP?

Referencing the picture I have attached, I changed from top to bottom in order:

Line 1: 0.0.0.0
Line 2: 0
Line 3: 0.0.0.0
Line 4: 0

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387725637440.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387725637440.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones