• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Changing Home Screen icons...

Remeniz

Android Enthusiast
Can I download a batch of different style icons to use on my SGS2 home screen without having to use a 3rd party launcher?

Well you can find tons of icons on xda. Then you can download SiMi Folder from the android market. It lets you set an icon to an application if you want to. Lots of customization options.

This won't work for dock icons though. Or at least, I don't think so. I don't have an SGS2 but I have a regular Galaxy S so I'm not sure.

The default touchwiz launcher doesnt support changing icons on the homescreen. WHat you need is to make a widget using desktop visualizer, which will allow you to choose an image from your gallery to use as the icon for that widget. Then you link that widget to a particular app.

You will need to download GOLauncher Ex, and an icon pack im afraid. I'm using the signa icon pack, which is gorgeous. Save the images to your gallery. Then long press the icon, and the option to replace will appear - navigate to the icon image you desire

Back
Top Bottom