• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Changing your data plan

bg1287

On the zero down T-Mobile phones, does anybody know that if you can change your data plan with T-Mobile to something different from what you signed up with, or are you stuck with what you picked? Say I signed up with the 3GB data plan, and wanted to move up to 5GB, is that possible?

Of course. Go to Tmo website and you can do anything. Change plan, change phone, add phone, remove phone. You get more options with postpaid.

Prepaid site the option is kinda limited.

Correct, you should be able to change your data amount to anything. The one exception is that if you're prepaid, you cannot change to the $30 plan since it's only available for new activations.

thanks guys :) just not sure if 3GB of data is enough for me, since with my current phone, about a week before I usually go over 2.5GB of data. good thing that I can change it!

Yes you can change it. I changed mine from 3 GB to 1 GB after they announced the music streaming service doesn't show up as data usage anymore. Two and a half weeks into my billing cycle and I've only used 79 megs lol. I use wifi at home and work.

You can record anything on Tunein Radio Pro. Record it on wifi for few hours, then play later. No need for streaming.

As the others have mentioned, you're free to change your plan at any time since T-Mobile doesn't bundle the price of your phone into your plan - it's a separate monthly payment. You don't have to worry about getting locked into a plan that won't suit your needs long-term. :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom