• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Channels not working or freezing in applicatiions in Android TV Box

Hi guys, I got an android tv box a few days ago. I started to use the pre-installed application Red Box Tv in the android box and have been having a few problems regarding it:

1) Half of the channels don’t work when I click on them. They generally say “can’t play this link” and this is really annoying as this way the box seems to be of no use.
2) The channels which work always freeze after x seconds, generally between 30 seconds to a minute. Even when I go back and restart the channel, the same problem repeats itself. This way I can’t watch any channels using the android tv box and is the last thing people would want from an android box.

It would be really helpful if you could provide me with a solution to this.

Hi guys, I got an android tv box a few days ago. I started to use the pre-installed application Red Box Tv in the android box and have been having a few problems regarding it:

1) Half of the channels don’t work when I click on them. They generally say “can’t play this link” and this is really annoying as this way the box seems to be of no use.
2) The channels which work always freeze after x seconds, generally between 30 seconds to a minute. Even when I go back and restart the channel, the same problem repeats itself. This way I can’t watch any channels using the android tv box and is the last thing people would want from an android box.

It would be really helpful if you could provide me with a solution to this.

It's likely Red Box TV is the problem, and could be their servers are down. A friend of mine in the UK was trying it, and same thing, hardly anything was working, so he went back to Netflix on his device.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah but I can’t really watch the channels of different countries that are on redbox tv on netflix. In fact this problem is with most of my apps eg. live net tv also. If someone has a solution then it’ll be really helpful.

It didn't work for me either, when I tried it briefly. I think Red Box may actually been shut down now. If there's any alternatives that work in different countries, no ideas, sorry. I don't really watch that much TV.

Upvote 0
I tried Morpheus TV this evening, and I got this message. Which is definitely "something wrong with the sources", it's discontinued.
Screenshot_20200110_184345_com.android.morpheustv.jpg

Try Mobdro?​

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones