• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charger compatible ?

Yes, any charger will work as long as the plug fits the jack.

However, the rate of charge will depend on how much capacity that charger module can supply.

ie, a 500 mA charger will eventually charge the S5 in a few hours, just like the USB port from my computer supplies 500 mA to my Qi pad. I use this to just barely provide a little more charge to the phone while I am talking on my BT headset for hours on end to a special friend who drives a truck... keeps him awake, I am retired, and it don't matter how much of my time is involved.

The Samsung OEM S5 charger supplies 2.1 amps and will take the OEM battery from 10% to 95% in 90 minutes or less....

I suggest you keep it charged higher than 40% though to make the battery last much longer than designed.

You can find the OEM charger on eBay and Amazon, I have two of them. The 2nd one is for my main Qi charger.

Reactions: cpper
Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply :)
The one I mentioned isn't exactly the same OEM one ?

Sorry to have overlooked your link in the 1st post, no that is not the OEM charger,
here is a link to one that is available. I did not look to see who offers it at the lowest price, I just linked to the 1st OEM charger I saw.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wholesale-l...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item27fe4b95da

on eBay, I used this search term to make the results come up fast and closer to what you really want.

samsung s5 charger oem

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones