• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charging Port

azolnierek

Oct 28, 2016
Hi, this might sound really dumb, but... When I get a new phone, I alwats worry about it breaking. Lately, I got the LG V20. It has USB-C charging. I'm specifically worried the USB port will break. I've dropped it with the charger in the charging port multiple times, as the charging cord is short and is easy to pull to the ground accidentally. It looks and functions no differently than when I first got it, but I'm afraid I may have damaged it with the drop. So I guess my question is this: how strong are pho e charging ports (specifically the new USB-C) and are they easily broken, or are they built to last?
Thanks

one help with that, is to get the new Anker brand 6 foot long USB charging cord.
It is heavy duty, has a cloth braid around it, and will last a very long time.

it comes in much longer lengths also, and has heavy gauge wire to support Fast Charging

I have only had one phone develop a bad USB port, and that was many years ago before they improved the construction of them. I doubt you need worry about the phone's USB port.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikedt and svim
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones