• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cheapest usb-c tablet with mhl

Looking for a tablet but must have following specs:

usb-c charging
10 inch screen min, bigger the better
Mhl so I can connect hdmi to it
Would also like if it had its own 3.5mm jack
Takes a sim card

can anyone recommend any to me?

thanks

Last edited:
I think there might be some confusion of terminology here: you presumably want to be able to connect USB-C to HDMI, but that's different from MHL (an older technology that few tablets now support).

Unfortunately your requirements for tablets are a bit different to mine, so I'm probably not the person to advise. I just wanted to clarify that so that your responses aren't all limited to 5 year old devices (the time when MHL was at its peak).

You can make your quest for a tablet easier if you skip the external connection like hdmi etc. Instead get yourself a chromecast which is super cheap and will allow you to connect any tablet, phone, or pc to your tv.

A new chromecast is $35 and used starts at about $15.

Wouldn't help me though: when I connect my tablet it's to a lecture theatre's projection system. So HDMI good, Chromecast irrelevant to me.

The only other times I've needed mirroring was to get data off a device with a broken screen, so a cable I could just plug in (MHL back then) did the job, anything I needed to enable on device would have been useless.

So it really depends on what you want to connect to and why. There may be reasons why a Chromecast isn't what you need.

Wouldn't help me though: when I connect my tablet it's to a lecture theatre's projection system. So HDMI good, Chromecast irrelevant to me.

The only other times I've needed mirroring was to get data off a device with a broken screen, so a cable I could just plug in (MHL back then) did the job, anything I needed to enable on device would have been useless.

So it really depends on what you want to connect to and why. There may be reasons why a Chromecast isn't what you need.
I was responding to the OP since it's a viable option as tablets without such connection can be cheaper. I wasn't thinking about screen mirroring though since that's not what I use chromecast for. I use it for casting streaming services just out of convenience.

I know you were responding to the OP. But the OP hasn't said why they want to connect to HDMI, so you don't know that Chromecast is a suitable alternative for them. That was my point.

I know you were responding to the OP. But the OP hasn't said why they want to connect to HDMI, so you don't know that Chromecast is a suitable alternative for them. That was my point.
Just like you don't know that it's not a suitable alternative for them. The point is that you responded to me saying it's irrelevant when I wasn't even replying to you.

No, I didn't say it was irrelevant. I said it wouldn't be relevant for me, and that we didn't know what the OP's requirements were and so we didn't know that it was suitable for them.

I was simply responding to the statement that it would simplify the search if the OP dropped the wired connection. My point was simply that this isn't necessarily true, and I used myself as an example to show that Chromecast wasn't a universal alternative to a wired connection. I apologise for not making that clear enough.

Back
Top Bottom