• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Choice of SMS?

SMS?

• Original

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • HandCent

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • ChompSMS

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jangatang

I've noticed that there are a lot of people out there that use HandCent and ChompSMS for their texting needs.
Me, however, still use the original texting because i think HandCent and ChompSMS are kind of tacky when it comes to their texting layout. So I was just curious, who uses Original SMS, HandCent, and ChompSMS?
please partake in the poll above! and if you would like, please explain why!

I'm using the stock SMS for now but mostly because I want to check it out thoroughly before I start messing with it too much. For all I know I'll end up loving it and not bother changing it up. Coming from 2 previous WinMo phones, I want to get a better feel for Android first.

I'm fine with the stock. Are you able to change the LED notification for different people in either of the aftermarket messaging apps though?

I'm not really too crazy about LEDs color changing so that's not a big deal. I just can't see what's so good about these aftermarket sms app. Why do some of you guys use it? What is your reason for using them?

I love handcent because there are so many different ways to customize the layout to make it look JUST the way you want. I'm always getting bored so I'm always changing it up a bit. It seema like it gets better with every update! Between the fonts and the colors and the bubble style, I just can't seem to get enough! With my X now it's a little glitchy, so I'm super excited for the update!

I use the stock sms no to happy with others to many force closes on prior devices and the X's stock works great for me.

I have really just ben using the stock droid x sms. I think it is one of the best sms applications on a phone I have ever used

Stock for now. I REALLY don't like the speech bubbles they use to show conversations. It looks like Handsend uses them to (screencap in Market). Coming from the Eris I liked just plain text with a header of me, or whoever to show where msg originated.

this is the first time i actually have not downloaded chomp or handcent

On my Evo, Hero/eris, Incredible and Droid I mainly used chomp and occasionally handcent

I hate Sense messaging app and i hate vanilla android app

with the X stock messgaging app, i see no need to use those anymore.

The only thing i miss and I love about the 3rd party apps is the fact that I can blacklist conversations(hide them and i dont have to see them ever again)

if you got an annoying person who aggravates you...just press and hold the conversation and you can hide it

no matter how much they text you, you will never be notified of it unless you take them off the blacklist

that's one thing the stock app is lacking for me

Back