• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Chrome - can't get rid of page

CrackBaby

Android Enthusiast
I have a webpage that my Chrome keeps autofilling into the omnibar. I do not want to turn off auto fill. I do want to get rid of the page. The page is for a gaming forum. It's not located in bookmarks. I have cleared cache and data twice, yet it keeps popping back up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Hmm... there were some websites listed, but the forum one was not one of them.

Is it possible that there's a stored cookie? How do I clear cookies? It's weird that clearing the data and cache did nothing. Could being rooted have messed with those functions?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I cleared it by going to settings > privacy > clear browsing data (note: this is not listed below in the list of options - it is actually located on the top right corner of the screen for some reason) > clear cookies, site data

Just to be sure, I also checked "clear autofill data" because it was always showing up in the omnibar.

I still think it's weird that clearing the app cache twice did absolutely nothing to fix this.

Very interesting, because it should of.

I think cache is NOT form data and its treated and stored separately, since cache is constantly changing and updating as you go to different sites it wouldn't make sense to keep permanent information there.

Back
Top Bottom