• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cleaning New Android

A

_android9k_

Hi,

Im not keen on rooting my new Blu Vivo 5. Im sure to mess it up somewhere along the way. What I would like to do though is to remove almost completely apps and programes I dont use, again without rooting. I have seen tutorials using the APK file but this is too tech for me, USB on computer is required and my USB functions are down.

Does anyone have a playstore app that will allow full deletion safely of any app I dont want?

Does anyone recommend a fullproof Bloatware removal app without Root....or next best app?

All good advice welcome,

_android9k_

Without rooting you can't uninstall system apps (which pre-installed apps are usually installed as).

But if you clear data for apps you don't want then disable them the effect is the same. The app can't run and isn't using any of your space (because it is installed in a different partition to your apps and data).

Upvote 0
Be very VERY careful about deleting apps. Many apps will share system services and if that service is removed, you could cripple your phone. And, you won't simply be able to add the app back to fix it.

The safer way is to follow @Hadron 's advice and simply disable the apps you don't think you need. If the option to disable is not available, then it's most like providing necessary system functionality.

Upvote 0
I just looked up the spec's on your phone and I'd advise you not to worry about it and enjoy your phone. It should be able to handle most anything. Now if you're worried about malware, then you could install a virus scanner but I've yet to see one that you could convince me was effective. You're much better off getting apps only from trusted sources (play store, amazon, etc) and browsing only legitimate websites.

Upvote 0
Do NOT use Clean Master!!

Cheetah Mobile's main business is collecting user data to sell to spammers. The app itself will make the phone run more slowly and use more power while feeding you lies about how much good it is doing (just Google why "task killers" are a bad thing on Android - you'll find a link to a thread on this in the big sticky in our Android Applications forum). That app, and others like it, should be avoided at all costs.

Upvote 0
Yup. Besides, they're not doing anything you can't do yourself manually. May take a bit longer but it sure as hell is better than the alternative. Not sure what your main reason for using CM is, but if it's for the battery, kill a task or 10, malware protection, or to save storage space, grab these from the play store. [ Greenify - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oasisfeng.greenify&hl=en
CCleaner - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.piriform.ccleaner&hl=en
SD Maid Pro - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.thedarken.sdm&hl=en
(Dont forget the pro key. Totally worth it)

Malwarebytes Anti Malware - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.malwarebytes.antimalware&hl=en

Those 4 apps were recommended to me a long time ago and I've never stopped using them since. They're all you need as far as that typa stuff goes. SD Maid does so many cool things and on top of that the uninstall manager puts a button under each app that lets you kill their processes. Best part about those particular apps (besides them being the best in their categories) is that they require absolutely no root whatsoever to function. There ya go. All your gonna need and only 4 apps. Enjoy!!

Upvote 0
This was posted on Android forums, feature rooms, Android questions by:
Do NOT use Clean Master!!

Cheetah Mobile's main business is collecting user data to sell to spammers. The app itself will make the phone run more slowly and use more power while feeding you lies about how much good it is doing (just Google why "task killers" are a bad thing on Android - you'll find a link to a thread on this in the big sticky in our Android Applications forum). That app, and others like it, should be avoided at all costs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones