• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cliq 2.1 upgrade out, XT should be close

Really, it's up to Moto to upgrade the XT to Froyo... But I don't see that happening.

I'm even wondering if the XT will get 2.1 at this point, but we'll see.

I've asked a few TMobile employees if they expect the Android upgrade and they said "No". I'm really bummed as all I want is the Kindle! So if there isnt an upgrade by the first of the year, I'm looking for a different phone. Would love to hear some good, concrete news on the upgrade for the XT if anyone hears anything.

The best place to go for XT upgrade news is on Moto's offical fourms, they have a thread that only gets updated by the mods about update info.

Subscribe to that thread and get an email when 2.1 is ready, or delayed, or not coming after all... Either way.

I've asked a few TMobile employees if they expect the Android upgrade and they said "No".
Well, a TM is the _last_ place you want to find out _any_ information about the upgrade! They simply have _no_ idea.

The Cliq has the upgrade and Moto _IS_ working on the XT right now. Last I heard from _Moto_ was that they were working on some audio problem. I got the impression that this was about it. Granted, what normally would take anyone else 1 hour to fix will take Moto about 1 month on the XT. Obviously its about the lowest of the low priorities for Moto (an injustice to customers for sure).

But the upgrade _will_ (no doubt) come... it's just a "question" of when. By question I mean... no one is even guessing at this point as everyone is going to even waste the time it takes to say a date.

Back
Top Bottom