• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Clock issue after Marshmallow update

Hi Everyone,

I installed Marshmallow via OTA last week and ever since, I've noticed that the stock Clock application that I use has issues after the phone is unused for a period of time. The clock seems to go into hibernate mode and when I press the Power button on the phone after a period of inactivity, the clock is anywhere between 1-3 hours behind the actual time!

This has already caused me to miss alarms, important notifications etc. Has anybody else come across this issue? I checked a few recent reviews of the stock Clock application on the Play Store and there have been quite a few people who have reported this issue.

Cheers!

No, I've seen nothing like this, and my Nexus 5 is currently a backup phone that isn't being used a lot. One idea I have is to check Date & Time in the settings, make sure things are set up correctly -- in particular your time zone. I will note my phone has Automatic Date & Time turned on.

I have seen it freeze before, but a restart fixed it. I saw it do that well before Marshmallow though. I'm not aware of missing alarms from it. I thought it was my xperia widget crashing rather than the phone's clock freezing.

I tweeted to the Android guys and they mentioned that this is a known issue which is being worked on. This morning I woke up at 6.40 AM and the clock was stuck at 2.50 AM!! Turning the flight mode on and off then switched the clock back to the correct time.

I've also had a clock issue after downloading marshmallow. I have a "fake" alarm set for Thursday @10pm. I even deleted all of my alarms, and restarted my phone it went away, but then came back. And when that time passed, the alarm did not go off.
Anyone have this issue?

Normally there will be some minor issues while updating software, the last fix is do a factory reset,any small bugs that didn't come in your care will also rectified.

Back
Top Bottom