• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM9 Alpha 5 - July 16 2012

coolpoete

Android Enthusiast
Just to let you know that Cyanogen Mod 9 Alpha 5 release is now out at XDA-Developers Forums. It is a lot smoother than alpha 4.

DRAGONZKILLER PROUDLY PRESENTS:
CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC1-DROIDX2-ALPHA5
ALPHA 5 REQUIRES A DATA WIPE!!!

Features:
For a list of features added to ICS please go to the Android website: Android - Introducing Ice Cream Sandwich
Also any of the CyanogenMod features you know and love from CM7 are in here too pull a few extras
smile.gif

Also, as this is still alpha, some of the features listed are not fully functional on the X2 yet.

Working:
  • **NEW** MMS is working!
  • **NEW** Added dock settings (not sure if it works yet)
  • **NEW** Added Mashup to build by default (thanks to Balltounge for the props)
  • Camera (see known issues for details)
  • Data Usage (optional for ALPHA 4 ONLY, not on by default, see section below)
  • WIFI
  • Bluetooth
  • Data/3G
  • *Maybe* tethering, but I doubt it (turns on, but haven't tested)
  • HQ and LQ Youtube (used to be a problem)
  • And a lot of little things

Known Issues:
Besides a whole lot more of a lot of little things:
  • Graphics memory sometimes runs out: as we are on less RAM the memory management is a bit whack. Sometimes while rotating an app (noticeably the browser) it will "twitch" and crash. Also systemserver (the main background service) will crash and Android will restart (rarely).
  • Chrome beta doesn't work: it also requires kernel mods which I haven't messed with yet.
  • NOTE ABOUT CAMERA: Camera works where as camcorder doesn't. All of the features of the camera section work though.
Click HERE for full thread and download.

How do I get my fb contacts to show up in my contact list? I've added the account and checked it in my settings but none will show up.

How do I get my fb contacts to show up in my contact list? I've added the account and checked it in my settings but none will show up.

When I've had sync issues with various phones and ROMs, I've used Friends Sync until I've found the culprit.

Back