• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Coby Kyros Mid7012-4G Tablet

I just purchased a NOS (new old stock) Coby Mid7012-4G Tablet and it says the browser is unsupported. I can't use the browser for anything. How can I load another browser in its place. This tablet is useless until I get a working browser... Thanks Dan

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/831532-REG/Coby_MID7012_4G_4GB_Kyros_MID7012_7_0.html

That is a really dated model, in its day a mediocre but usable tablet but in today's tech environment you need to really set your expectations a lot lower. Google stopped supporting it long ago so not only is the Android operating system really out of date, any apps you can manipulate and install will also be woefully outdated as independent developers rarely provide apps for Gingerbread now. On top of basic software issues, there are hardware limitations that can't be ignored either -- old processor CPU and GPU, below spec amount of RAM, very low amount of storage space, display resolution that can't cope with current web technology, it's battery is old too so general usage won't be too impressive at all and charging times increased, among all kinds of other issues.
Really, online interactions will be a problem as current web services have continued to advance past this tablet's capabilities. So you can keep trying to get this tablet to do things it just isn't able to do, or upgrade to a new or newer one that will just work as is.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/831532-REG/Coby_MID7012_4G_4GB_Kyros_MID7012_7_0.html

That is a really dated model, in its day a mediocre but usable tablet but in today's tech environment you need to really set your expectations a lot lower. Google stopped supporting it long ago so not only is the Android operating system really out of date, any apps you can manipulate and install will also be woefully outdated as independent developers rarely provide apps for Gingerbread now. On top of basic software issues, there are hardware limitations that can't be ignored either -- old processor CPU and GPU, below spec amount of RAM, very low amount of storage space, display resolution that can't cope with current web technology, it's battery is old too so general usage won't be too impressive at all and charging times increased, among all kinds of other issues.
Really, online interactions will be a problem as current web services have continued to advance past this tablet's capabilities. So you can keep trying to get this tablet to do things it just isn't able to do, or upgrade to a new or newer one that will just work as is.
Thanks for the info, lesson learned, in the trash it goes....

Back
Top Bottom