• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Colleague has an Evo! So envious!

jeffdlb

Android Enthusiast
I was at a technical workshop today and mentioned to a colleague that I was getting an Android phone on June 4. He asked if it was the Evo, and pulled one out of his pocket! He got it at Google I/O. The phone is definitely an impressive size, but it fits well in the pocket and in the hand. Notably heavier than my current phone (Centro). Keyboard was easy to use except one-handed in portrait mode, when I found myself touching the screen accidentally and adding extra letters.

We both had to do live web demos at the workshop, and the meeting network was down for a time, so we used the Evo hotspot feature to get both our laptops on the net. He had 1 month free hotspot service.

We were getting 3G at the meeting in a windowless room, but he said that at his hotel (Silver Spring MD, just north of Washington DC, far from Baltimore) he got 4G! Washington has been announced as a "coming soon" location. I'll be curious to see whether my nearby office building gets 4G.

I'm in Baltimore, or just south of it by like 5 minutes, and am curious if the 4G reaches that far. I'm really jealous that dude got one for free so early! I need those kind of connections.

Back