• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Color Note (Widget) How?

monicakm

Android Enthusiast
Since losing the stock sticky note widget(what were they thinking!?) I've downloaded Color Note from the Play Store. The FAQ says to create a widget to long press on the homescreen and choose widget. I don't have the widget option when I long press on the homescreen, only wallpaper, live wallpaper and gallery. Anyone know how to put a Color Note WIDGET on the homescreen?
Thanks

Go to apps,then widgets,and there will be a widget there for color note,long press on it and drag it to ur home screen

That doesn't work. That was the first thing I tired (just like other widgets). In fact, I haven't found a widget yet that will "stick" to the homescreen with JB.

That doesn't work. That was the first thing I tired (just like other widgets). In fact, I haven't found a widget yet that will "stick" to the homescreen with JB.
I've been using color note for some time now and I assure u that there is numerous widgets put in the widget section for it! U may have to reboot ur phone after u installed for them to show up!

I also can't get ColorNote widgets to stick except for the one that is ColorNote Today 2x2. The other two widgets can be dragged to a screen, but upon releasing open up the ColorNote app and when closed no widget is on the screen and I immediately get kicked back to the Widget selection screen. I can move the ColorNote app icon to a page. I have a number of other widgets being used with no problems. It just seems to be ColorNote.

I think they removed stock widget since they want you to use Google Keep. Personally, I find ColorNote better than Google Keep currently. I use ColorNote mainly for reminder, a feature that Google Keep doesn't have currently from what I see.

I realise this is an old thread, but I had the same problem and solved it. Thought it would be nice to share for anyone else looking for a solution.

The app needs to run from the phone and not the SD card to have the widgets available. This seems to be the case with most apps

Back
Top Bottom