• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

compile failed.please check the log try clear framework if you got compile error often

khayoussef

Lurker
Nov 16, 2018
Hello,
I decompile an APK and after editing the images i wanted, then wanted to compile the APK again using APK Easy tool. But every time i try to compile again, i get the message below

compile failed.please check the log try clear framework if you got compile error often

16/11/2018 10:35:58
Compiling APK file... (CMD mode: Batch)

/c "java -Xmx1024m -jar "C:\Users\khalid\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5100.173\Apktool\apktool_2.3.3.jar" b -f -o "C:\Users\khalid\Desktop\apktool appp\recompiled\photoeditor.apk" "C:\Users\khalid\Desktop\apktool appp\Decompiled\photoeditor" "

Batch executed
------------------------------------------
16/11/2018 10:36:21
Compiling APK file... (CMD mode: Normal)

/c "java -Xmx1024m -jar "C:\Users\khalid\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5100.173\Apktool\apktool_2.3.3.jar" b -f -o "C:\Users\khalid\Desktop\apktool appp\recompiled\photoeditor.apk" "C:\Users\khalid\Desktop\apktool appp\Decompiled\photoeditor" "

I: Using Apktool 2.3.3
I: Smaling smali folder into classes.dex...
I: Building resources...
S: WARNING: Could not write to (C:\Users\khalid\AppData\Local\apktool\framework), using C:\Users\khalid\AppData\Local\Temp\ instead...
S: Please be aware this is a volatile directory and frameworks could go missing, please utilize --frame-path if the default storage directory is unavailable
W: fakeLogOpen(/dev/log_crash, O_WRONLY) failed
W: fakeLogOpen(/dev/log_security, O_WRONLY) failed
W: fakeLogOpen(/dev/log_main, O_WRONLY) failed
W: C:\Users\khalid\Desktop\apktool appp\Decompiled\photoeditor\res\layout-v26\abc_screen_toolbar.xml:5: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'keyboardNavigationCluster' in package 'android'
W:

!! OPERATION CANCELLED !!

Your help will be highly appreciated

Thank you

No and the question can't be answered without seeing the contents of the file causing the problem abc_screen_toolbar.xml. The error message tells you exactly what the problem is.

W: C:\Users\khalid\Desktop\apktool appp\Decompiled\photoeditor\res\layout-v26\abc_screen_toolbar.xml:5: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'keyboardNavigationCluster' in package 'android'

So what app are you trying to decompile and repackage, and why?

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones