• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Completely Flummoxed - Death Spiral Boot Loop

AirIck

Lurker
Galaxy S5 Model: SM-G900V SKU: SMG900VZKV

Was *not* rooted. Was *not* attempting to root. But it acts like that's the case.

Here's where I stand: Can not boot into recovery mode. When I hold Volume-Up + Power + Home from "off" I get the famliar buzz in the hand (maybe two) and then the Android logo screen with the blue "Recovery Booting" text at the top like it's about to boot into Recovery Mode.. and then nothing. It goes back to Boot Loop. If I let go of power button it goes back to the Blue Text screen and then repeats forever. When I let go of all 3 it goes to back to standard boot looping. If I hold Volume-Down + Power + Home from "off" I'll get the flashing screen with text at the top and "Downloading" but nothing ever happens of course because I'm not flashing it.

I can't believe that this thing became a brick. I don't know if there's some super malicious malware afoot?

If this was your phone - what would you do to try and recover it?

have you tried removing the battery?

that has resolved every weird issue my S5 ever presented to me.
I have two of them in service.

Huge thanks for reply - will try as above

Thanks for this. Unfortunately it was a no-go. I had a tech working on it. He tried reflashing 4.4, 5.0, and 6.0 using Odin versions 3.04, 3.07, 3.09, 3.10.6, and 3.12.3 as well as Heimdall. The loading bar goes all the way to the end, completes successfully then boot loops in recovery mode.

I think I have a brick. I guess next step is to go to Verizon and pay my $150 insurance deductible. Completely crazy that you can't just rebuild a phone like you can a computer.

Back
Top Bottom