• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Compose SMS with Predifined Text

Vlad Soare

Hello,

I'd like to create a task that opens the default SMS app and fills in the recipient and a predefined text, but doesn't send it yet, because I want to add something manually before sending it.
The "compose SMS" action allows me to enter either a recipient or a text, but strangely not both. Am I missing something?
Can this be achieved somehow?

Thank you.

Use … Send SMS … instead of … Compose SMS.

Send SMS uses your default SMS app to send the specified message to the specified address.

Compose SMS just invokes your default SMS app with one of the two fields filled in.

… Thom

Last edited:
Thanks, Thom, but the "send SMS" action is not what I need. It will send the SMS automatically and instantly. I want to edit it before sending. The first half of the message will always be the same (and I want Tasker to fill it in), while the second half will vary and will need to be typed in manually.
It's strange that "compose SMS" does not allow you to specify both fields simultaneously.
Is there any other way to get that? Any workaround? Other ideas?
Thank you.

Specify only the to number.

Have Tasker load the first part of the message into the clipboard.

Issue Compose SMS

When the message is open to you do a paste and then add the other part of the message.

… Thom

Back
Top Bottom