• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Concept] Echo IM

Nearly

Jun 15, 2010
(If this is posted in the wrong section, please move to the correct section for me :-(, Sorry and Thanks!)
(& I'm aware they're talking phones! 0:) )

Here's a concept for an IM app, I first started this today and thought I wanted to design some kind of navigation / user interface. So I decided to create this. Everything was done in less than 4 hours, and I think there are still a lot to improve on. This is just a concept, so please don't think it's going to hit the market soon. I just wanted to test some designs, and it would be nice to see how you guys feedback :)

NOTICE:- Image heavy and must require a desktop browser, and it's very DARK!

jjv7kg.jpg

napvt.jpg

wb58g2.jpg

4nn9j.jpg

rtq1w5.jpg

b5mrv5.jpg

I know it's useless to post this stuff, but I thought why not show this deisgn to the Phandroid community :) ? Designing is my free time, I've purely never had education in this section so everything was self taught. (and a lot of free time for the past few years)

Thanks, I think it looks nice, but could do with a tune up. :D Maybe it's worth developing, but I have no idea how to develop an Android application, never-mind using IM protocols to connect to MSN/AIM/ICQ etc. servers. haha, maybe If I strike a developers eye, they will work with me. Does anyone have any ideas, I can add to this design? I was going to do emoticons for the next preview :D

I'm quite proud of the general flow of the UI, because it doesn't look too... complicated. The design was purely thought out to be aesthetically pleasing; rather than feature rich.

More information about the status colours.
  • GREEN = Online
  • RED = Blocked
  • BLUE = Recently signed on
  • YELLOW = Busy
  • GREY = Offline

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones