• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Connection Optimizer Update - Increased battery drain?

portezbie

Android Enthusiast
I could be wrong, but I received an update for the connection optimizer recently and I think it is accessing location in a new way or more frequently, and thus using more battery life. After the update, I noticed that whenever I woke my screen, the gps icon would be in the status bar and that my battery seemed to be draining faster. I reverted back to the previous version with titanium and the drain seems to be gone as well.

Anyone else noticed this?

Most of the major updates needs to have a factory data reset. This clears out the old junk to make room for the stuff . try the reset see if it makes it better or worse

What? This does not make sense. It's not a major update and regardless the course of action you are suggesting is way too extreme.

Maybe and maybe not remember its your battery power being sucked dry not mines . I would take that as a major update and just reset what can go wrong . :eek: just that the device stop sucking the battery power dry . let's just say its a app that is doing this removing all the junk and slowly put it back on will show you what's the battery hogger

That's cool if you want to run the new just perform a factory data reset . .have a nice day glad to see your working again . post back if you have any other problems or fixes for the forums.

Back
Top Bottom