• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Constant windows driver errors

bennylava

Windows can be so annoying when it comes to phone drivers. I have a samsung Galaxy S4, and it seems to work ok. But when I plug in the wife's S3, I get this stupid error message all the time. And samsung claims that their driver is universal, for all phones. But at the same time, you can download individual drivers for individual phones. Odd. So I did, and still I get this message. Every time it seems to want to try and search for the drivers, or check for them, or try to download them, or some other incompetent measure. While the whole time, they're right there, already installed. Does anyone else have these kinds of problems?

There is a way to turn off the search feature in Windows. It is a bit different on the different variants of Windows but is should be in the Windows Update Settings. You can also use the Window from your screen shot to stop the searching online. That said if you install Samsung Kies on the PC it will install the correct drivers for the S3.

That's sort of my problem. I did, and it still seems to give me all these problems and not want to connect the storage device.

The Android system no longer connects as a Storage Device since JB 4.1.1, it should connect as either MTP (to transfer files) or PTP (to transfere Pictures).

Hmm. Sounds like they made it convoluted. I mean, I picture IS a file. Is there a way to set the phone to connect via storage, by default? My 4.4.2 Galaxy S4 seems to do it at random. Sometimes I get lucky when I plug it in, and it will connect via storage. Other times I simply get nothing at all.

Back
Top Bottom