• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Constantly rebooting (lucky to get 2 mins out of it)

michjfro

Lurker
I have a vanilla, unrooted tablet which had Marshmallow installed a few weeks ago. It reboots constantly (like I am lucky to get 2-3 minutes out of it). Sometimes it reboots 7 or 8 times in a row until I give up and hold the power button down.

Have cleared cache and factory reset (multiple times). This hasnt solved the problem. I thought this might be an issue with the Google Play Store, as it generally crashes as soon as I run this (as the first thing I do after the reset) - so after one of the resets I downloaded the latest playstore APK and installed it. Also did not login to the play store in case this was corrupted or something. Have tried this without loading ANY apps other than the stock that comes after the reset - but still the issue persists.

All of the above has been done with the SD card removed - and with full charge

Generally it crashes as soon as I try and run any app or go to settings etc. This is even with the completely factory reset and wiped tablet with no additional apps installed.

Having tried everything, am down to the theory of hardware fault - specifically the battery. After the last update (which failed half way through) I had big problems with battery life and the tablet got (and still gets) quite hot. I am thinking something in the new update might have put extra stress on the battery, which after a few weeks has caused it to fail.

Is this possible, and is there anyway in logs etc to tell if this is hardware or software?

Anyway, other than throwing this away and buying a new one - am not sure what the next step to solve this is. (Maybe revert to previous Android?). Any suggestions or help is welcome, but I am thinking of throwing this away and not throwing good money after bad...

(Have emailed Samsung but of course never heard back - so suffice to say my next tab wont be Samsung)

Back
Top Bottom