• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help contact names not showing in text messages

stonzee

When I get a text message it just shows the number with a +1 added to it. The name doesn't show up. So I cleared the partition cache. Didn't work.
I did a hard reset. Didn't work. I added +1 to all my contacts didn't work.
Does anyone have a solution for this problem? I don't sync my contacts with any accounts. I've talked to my carrier. They had no clue how to resolve it. I talked to Motorola. They couldn't help. I'm at a loss. Help.

Hmmmm....maybe if you did synch with Google contacts it would format the numbers correctly. I've always put my contacts into Google so that I don't have to keep entering them when I get a new phone. The numbers always are formatted by Google, although I never really thought about it until you asked the question.

It seems to me there must be some way in the settings to tell your phone how to format the displayed and entered contact numbers. I would double check the settings in the "Accounts" folder on the phone as well as the "Contacts" app/folder to see if it can be changed to display the phone numbers without the +1.

If you go into your contacts app (mine is called "People") there will be three vertical dots at the top or bottom (each app is different). Press those dots and then select "Settings" and see what you get. There was an area under "Accounts" in my phone that said "Customize." Maybe yours has a similar setting.

Back
Top Bottom