• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contact number labels.

Hi all,
When accessing a contact from messaging it shows all the numbers associated with that contact but does not show the type of number it is. Ex mobile, home, work and so on. They are all labeled in my contacts just doesn't show up when accessing through the texting app.
Any suggestions on how to show labels?

thanks!

Install a different text app. Every text app on my phone does this.
And it's not an Android version thing either, it's your phone's default SMS app. Unfortunately I don't have a Samsung so don't know whether there's a setting for this, but to be honest I doubt it: why would anyone ever choose to turn it off?

My other Note
Install a different text app. Every text app on my phone does this.
And it's not an Android version thing either, it's your phone's default SMS app. Unfortunately I don't have a Samsung so don't know whether there's a setting for this, but to be honest I doubt it: why would anyone ever choose to turn it off?
didn't do that. Pretty lame.

Sorry, but what's lame? Samsung changing their app this way? OK, I'll agree. Using a different app? Nope, the whole point of android is that you don't have to use whatever rubbish the manufacturer installs.

Sorry, but what's lame? Samsung changing their app this way? OK, I'll agree. Using a different app? Nope, the whole point of android is that you don't have to use whatever rubbish the manufacturer installs.
Apparently when I was replying, the quote was populated while I was typing.
I agree the native Samsung texting app is lame for not allowing us to see the labels associated with multiple phone numbers under a contact.

Back
Top Bottom