• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts list empty, but Contacts are synced

robhir

Lurker
I have an old Nexus i9250 running Android 4.3 (rooted). I noticed this morning that my contacts list is empty! I haven't used them in several days, so I'm not exactly sure when the problem started. Here are some important details:
* My contacts are stored in my Google account, and I can see them all online.
* My Google account in the phone's settings claims to sync contacts successfully.
* My People app's "contacts to display" setting doesn't seem to help. I've tried "All contacts", "Google", and "Customize" - "All contacts" for my Google account.
* The last option, "Customize" - "All contacts" on the Google account doesn't seem to retain the check box next to "All contacts". In other words, if I check that box, return to the People app's home screen, then return to the checkbox, it is unchecked again.
* Possibly the strangest part... My text messages have contact names rather than phone numbers listed beside them. In my experience, that means the phone actually has the contacts data... otherwise it would just list the text conversations by phone number. The data is in my phone, but it is not showing up in the People app.

Why? Any help is appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom