• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contacts list Not goggle

Boriqua

Jun 4, 2012
Hey Folks
So I have decided I dont want google having quite so much of my info and to that end deleted all of my contacts. I have them backed up but most of them were ages old anyway and of little value.

When I had a basic phone it had a memory for say 1000 contacts and stored locally on the phone. Is there an app that can do the same for me for the android. Not something that syncs with google servers but just stores phone numbers locally? I miss not seeing the name of the inbound call
Thanks

I also don't use Google's "cloud" but I do use my Google account on the phone (set up so I can get to the Play Store). I use Outlook on a PC as a contacts 'master' (I have Office anyway - but you could also use Thunderbird or just MyPhoneExplorer on its own) and use MyPhoneExplorer to sync to the Google account on the phone. I have all Google 'sync's turned off!

You have an app on the phone and a client on the PC. I sync over wifi but it can also use BT or a USB cable. Oh, and you can also do your calendar and/or files as well.

Dave

Reactions: abrichem
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones