• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cool free launchers from the Play Store?

i would give a vote for sf launcher. it has that google now cards look to it. when i look for launchers i look for something that gone look different. i've never noticed the difference between holo nova and apex. but out of apex, nova and holo i would say apex because it has some features that u have to pay for in nova and you can theme it better......thats my opinion tho

Upvote 0
Can someone please explain to me what a launcher does? And better than stock?

The launcher is just the main screen with your icons and widgets (like the clock), and has the app drawer where it shows the long list of all your apps installed.

On topic, I used Go launcher forever on my Optimus V but when I switched to the evo v, I ended up using nova launcher, it always seemed the fastest and least bloated. I really didn't like all the extra crap they kept adding to Go launcher, and I'm starting to look for an alternative to Go SMS as it keeps getting more bloated as tome goes on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones