• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Copy and Paste from MMS.

cooney850

Lurker
is it possible to copy and paste from a text message. ? HTC EVO..It's kinda annoying to receive an address or message and have to write it on paper then enter it into my navigation ..Holding a finger on the screen only gives me contact/ and forwarding options.

Can you clarify what you're looking for? The subject line indicates using copy and paste on MMS (which is pictures and other images or music), but your post says text messages, which should be working with those functions. If it isn't functioning with actual text, I'd recommend trying a 3rd party app like Handcent. Its long press menu contains the option to copy text. If it's an image your trying to copy, I'm not sure what to tell you.

With my HTC Desire HD I can copy/paste text in MMS.
But it's updated to Gingerbread.

Harry

I just switched from Verizon to Mint Mobile, and I was using Messages as my text app. When I play on my Windows 11 laptop, and finish, NY Times Wordle, I used to just click on the "share" link from the popup window, which saved it to my Windows clipboard, and just paste it onto the Verizon text online messenger, but I can't do that anymore, since I don't have an account anymore. I'm having trouble finding an SMS/MMS app for Windows 11, that allows me to do that. So far, the only ones I've found don't recognize the "paste from clipboard" command. Any help would be appreciated. Don't want to pay for any app, to just do this. Thanks!

I use Google Messages. In there you can enable web messaging. Essentially, navigate to messages.google.com, scan the qr code from within the Google messages app, and you can use a web interface. I use it on Windows at work and on Chromebook at home. I can copy and paste into it no problem.

Back
Top Bottom