• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Copy to clipboard doubled; crashes Chrome

Somniferum

Android Enthusiast
So when I try to share a link from Chrome, I get this:

Deq5dds.png

For some reason "Copy to clipboard" is duplicated, the second instance having a different, almost transparent icon. If I click the second instance, it crashes Chrome. The first instance works fine. When I share from other apps, "Copy to clipboard" only appears once as normal.

Anyone else experiencing this weird duplication, or know of a way to fix it? Obviously I can just use the first instance, but it's annoying.

Thanks!

On the Droid Maxx with 4.4.4 using the latest Chrome or the latest Chrome Beta I only get one "Copy to Clipboard"

My guess is that an app that you added is erroneously adding to the menu by Chrome.

... Thom

Like I said when I select the second one, it crashes Chrome. Deleting data and cache has no effect, but if I click "Uninstall updates" and revert to the factory version of Chrome, the duplicate goes away. When I install the update again though it comes back. I'm on 4.4.4 and have never been rooted - completely stock.

Mine shows a "Convert to PDF" where yours doesn't.

It seems pretty clear that Chrome is building the dropdown list from the apps that are installed on the phone.

You and your wife have the same app installed and I don't.

... Thom

Back
Top Bottom